Search Lil' Blogger

Thursday 5 January 2017

Developing my Oral Presentation

Finally my Critical Review and Professional Artefact have been submitted! It is time for me to get my head into my Oral Presentation and think about;
  • How I want to present my research 
  • What main findings I want to share with my audience
  • Think about what the audience will find interesting
  • Keep the information concise and informative
Powerpoint is my chosen programme of choice to present my research. This is a programme I have worked with in the past, although quite a long time ago, so I am looking forward to having a play around with that.

The best thing for me to do now is to go through my Critical Review and any notes I have made to start to draft my presentation slides and decide what is most important to include. I have also made a few notes about tips and things to remember when creating my presentation which are really helpful I sourced these from BAPP Arts Handbooks and blogs;

  • Presentation is a celebration of what you have achieved so show off your hard work
  • It is a way to illustrate your research in a visually exciting way with concise, interesting explanations
  • Approx 10 minute presentation = no more than 1 minute per slide so between 10-15 slides
  • Approx 10 minute Q&A session where you can offer more details, clarifications and outcomes to audience
  • Include important elements from your inquiry including self-reflection
  • Can send draft to tutor for checks
  • Don't overload slides with text, keep them clean and easy to understand otherwise your audience will get bored
  • Rehearse what you are going to say and decide what it most important to communicate
  • Structure = Title page, introduction, evaluation of inquiry tools, analysis of main findings (could possibly follow structure of your critical review as a guideline)
  • Use critical review and artefact to explain
  • Could present artefact, I will physically hand my out, and explain it
  • Talk about the main outcome/benefit and what YOU have learnt as a practitioner
This gives me plenty to get started with!

Lil' Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment